How Do Students Become Successful Readers?
Reading comprehension is the goal—when readers fully understand the intended meaning.
This overview is an introduction to this Model. Each LVP Learner Model is a research-driven, holistic representation of all of the critical variables, what we call the Learner Factors, that affect how learners learn. These Factors are the foundation of learner diversity. Scroll up to explore all of the Factors in this model.
To create these Models, we follow a systematic methodology led by our expert LVP researchers. The process is also overseen by an advisory committee of leading content area and learning sciences experts.
Advisory Board for Reading PK-3
The following leading researchers supported the development of our Reading PK-3 Model and are a source of continued suggestions for improvement.
- Carol McDonald Connor, Ph.D., Chancellor's Professor, University of California: Irvine School of Education
- Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez, Ed.D., Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- Bruce McCandliss, Ph.D., Professor, Stanford University Graduate School of Education
- Dave Paunesku, Ph.D., Co-Founder of the Stanford University Project for Education Research that Scales (PERTS)
- Todd Rose, Ph.D., Lecturer on Education and Director of the Mind, Brain, and Education Program, Harvard University, and co-founder of The Center for Individual Opportunity